Tag Archives: twitter
I got a little carried away with the #FridgeFilms hashtag that hit Twitter this weekend. Punning just has that effect on me.
Some other titles I came up with:
You Got Snail
In The Meat Of The Night
Lawrence of Tilapia
Indiana Jones and The Last Lemonade
Requiem For A Cream
Prawn With The Wind
The King’s Peach
- I’ve not spoken to anybody since yesterday afternoon when I was at work.
- Actually, I take that back. There was the pizza guy earlier this evening.
- Sorry, IM, e-mail, Twitter replies, and Facebook exchanges just aren’t the same. As much as I miss the sound of my own voice (because it is a very nice voice, I think) I miss the sound of my friends’ voices more.
- I am missing Christina, Celi, Nadine, and Patrick acutely.
- I need to get back to reading more. My vocabulary is suffering. It took me five minutes to remember the word “incoherent”. My brain kept saying “What? So ‘illegible’ isn’t good enough?” to which I’d reply “Brain, why are you such a frenemy?”
- I use Tweetdeck for Twitter usage on my computer. I like organizing the people I follow into groups.
- Yes, I have a group for the twitterers I have e-crushes on. Shut up, you know you’ve done it, too.
- I’m aware that my dad is on Facebook. I will not “friend” him though when the time comes and he friends me I may have to accept. He is, after all, my father.
- This week I bought two pairs of sunglasses, two long necklaces, a trench coat, shorts, and totally awesome lip balm.
- I registered for BlogHer ’09. I’m very excited about this, especially since I’ll get to see Liz and Poppy for the first time in, like, 10 years. I decided to get a room at the hotel where the conference is. My rationale: it’s going to be like a mini-vacation, so I’m going to treat it like one. Also, late July in Chicago tends to be hot and humid, and I envision taking multiple showers throughout the day. It will be easier to do this if all I have to do is take an elevator up a few dozen stories to a hotel room instead of rushing home and back in a taxi.
- Still wondering if I’m going to my high school reunion (15th!) this spring. Instead of me thinking “OMG! 15 yearss since I graduated from high school/escaped from New York/re-entered the exciting world of co-ed education!” I’ll be moping inside and thinking “Oh. 15 years of thwarted potential.” Boo hoo.
- This week’s episode of “Friday Night Lights” was pretty amazing. Look, The Onion totally agrees with me.
I don’t know how much longer I can resist the “25 things” meme that hit Facebook hard a few weeks ago. I mean, I wrote a “17 Things” note in December, and a “16 Things” note in January. That’s at least 33 things the good people of Facebook already know, should they care to.
It’s true. Like the tweet above says, I’m going to have a hometown vacation for President’s Day weekend. Two nights at the Hard Rock Hotel to just lie around around and watch television. It’s true, I could probably do this at home, but my apartment, all messy and dusty, is driving me crazy but not crazy enough to actually clean and organize it at the moment.
I tried to have dinner at Relax Lounge last night for the “Dinner with Dale” Thursday special (yes, I love me some “Top Chef”) but was denied. The hostess on duty seemed, frankly, distracted. Elisa said that when she called, they leave a few tables open for walk-ins which is why we, along with her friend Timmy, stopped by. It would have helped if the staff were a bit forthcoming with people who walk in looking a little clueless. Maybe not look at you so quizzically, go so far as to make eye contact, and then turn around and walk away. Or when they say they’ll tell you in five minutes if they can seat you, they should probably tell you in five minutes instead of just ignoring or forgetting you while you sit at the bar drinking prosecco.
So this is how we ended up at at Flo. Which was very nice — warm, inviting, and people actually look you in the eye when they say crazy things like “Hello!” and “How many in your party?”. Also, the food was delicious and there were cute waiters. Everybody from the staff to the customers seemed like they were having a great time. And so did we.
My friend Bill is hosting a workshop tomorrow. Workshop is called “Attracting Love” (stop rolling your eyes, cynical readers) and costs a mere $20. Go here for more details.
Last night’s TV: I watched “The Office” but not “30 Rock” last night. “The Office” was good! I especially enjoyed the Kelly’s forgotten birthday story line. I’m looking forward to the return of Holly Flax, as it seems inevitable that Pam and Michael will in fact drive up to Nashua to see her. I’d forgotten how gorgeous Rashida Jones is. Does anyone know who played her husband in the pictures displayed in her office? Just curious.
- Is it just me, or has Tracy Morgan been getting less to do on “30 Rock” No, it’s not just me.
- Go to 7:36 and you will see my friends Will and Robin Burns! Aren’t they super cute?
- I skipped @ColonelTribune‘s tweetup because I was feeling unwell. And then I come home to find the elevator is not working again. I want to cry out of frustration over something so relatively unimportant.
- I have no plans for the weekend.
- Congratulations, Thomas & Jalissa!
- The new kids on “Degrassi: The Next Generation” are terrible actors. Sorry, but it’s true.
- I have, like, 20 episodes of ‘Roseanne’ on my DVR. Seriously?