Image credit: via Nick Verreos
Nick Verreos previews national costumes to be worn by competitors in the Miss Universe 2010 pageant. My favorites are Japan and Korea. Thailand’s costume is meant to resemble an elephant. WTF. [Nick Verreos]
Kanye West eating Korean barbecue in Korea. [MTV Iggy]
New York‘s Vulture wonders which Mad Men character will drop acid first. My money’s on Glen Bishop, but he’s not even on their list! [NY Mag]
Gapers Block found a useful guide for attending (or avoiding) this weekend’s Air & Water Show. [Gapers Block]
Can we just take a minute to watch this video and marvel at how wonderful this song is?
Okay, take another minute. It’s so worth it.
I think by now you’re probably wondering what I did this weekend, so let’s begin.
- I saw a lot of movies in October, including Sex Drive, W., Happy-Go-Lucky, and Role Models.
- I failed to procure an acceptable costume for Halloween, which is just as well as I ended up staying in.
- I won the first season of Mad Men on DVD from Best Week Ever when I came in second in their Mad Men giveaway. Thanks, Kurt, for being a homo and for cutting Peggy’s hair.
- “You know how I know it’s fall?”
- Khloé and Jeff hosted their third annual autumnal feast. Everybody was impressed by the delicious food, the vivacious company, and the fancy Japanese toilet.
- I had a piece in Time Out’s weddings issue. Check it out here.
Filed under culture, DVD, movies
I started Labor Day weekend by staying home the Friday night before the holiday. Instead of mixing and mingling with my fellow Gapers Block contributors, or saying goodbye to Stef with a girls’ night in sleepover, I stayed home. I watched bad television. I went to sleep early. Which is a good thing, as I went to Ikea the next day.
News from the Flip Front expects to make its triumphant return this week. But in case you’ve been wondering:
- I’m good.
- Work is pretty quiet.
- Yes, I saw ‘The Dark Knight’ and I loved it.
- The “Watchmen” trailer melted my brain into a puddle of fangirl mush. Meaning, it was incredible, and you should see it, too.
- Oh yeah, I love Mad Men, too.
- No, nothing in Time Out since spring.
- No, but I’m working on a book with Nick. And I’m almost done with the outline for “Bamboo”, my Asian remake of Diana Ross vehicle “Mahogany”.
- Yes, they loved their visit to Chicago. And no, they didn’t completely drive me crazy.
- Oh yeah, she had the baby. The baby looks like Joe, but has Jacinda’s eyes and chin. And her hair, too.
- Still can’t vote. Or drive. Or ride a bicycle. Yes, I’ll be applying for citizenship some time this year.
- Really? You should have come over and said hi.
- I always look grumpy. I do that to keep the douches away.
- Update! I got a producer credit in the latest video from Internets Celebrities. Check it out!
Is it just me, or have my last three tweets been about watching ‘Mad Men’?
Watching ‘Mad Men’. Catching up before season 2 premiere on Sunday.