When your lovely pals invite you to join them for post trick-or-treating snacks “any time after 5pm” that means you should probably try to get there not at 7:30pm.
The Halloween you swear you will address any small child dressed as Elsa from Frozen, sporting long white blond hair and a light blue gown, as Daenerys Stormborn or Khaleesi or Mother of Dragons is the day you will see no children wearing that costume.
Chicken chili and a baked potato with butter and sour cream make for the perfect meal on a wet and blustery Halloween tonight.
Taking the Clark bus through Wrigleyville on Halloween night makes for good entertainment.
License to Kim Jong-il
The Kim Jong-il costume was a success, I think. I pinned closed my Old Navy trench at the neck to get the look of the Leader’s usual collared jacket. I braved the Trixie hordes (who were all buying Lady Gaga wigs) at Beatnix to buy an Elvis wig. Tucking in the sideburns turned Elvis into Kim. I found his glasses, a pair of imitation Gazelles (like the ones Run-DMC used to wear) in the basement section of Ragstock. It didn’t take much to complete my transformation.
- I saw a lot of movies in October, including Sex Drive, W., Happy-Go-Lucky, and Role Models.
- I failed to procure an acceptable costume for Halloween, which is just as well as I ended up staying in.
- I won the first season of Mad Men on DVD from Best Week Ever when I came in second in their Mad Men giveaway. Thanks, Kurt, for being a homo and for cutting Peggy’s hair.
- “You know how I know it’s fall?”
- Khloé and Jeff hosted their third annual autumnal feast. Everybody was impressed by the delicious food, the vivacious company, and the fancy Japanese toilet.
- I had a piece in Time Out’s weddings issue. Check it out here.
Filed under culture, DVD, movies
The Maddest Hatter of them all
People at work seem to be way into dressing up this year. There’s a costume contest at work, where first prize is a $100 American Express gift card. Oh boy!
Or maybe we’re just high on sugar? There are bowls of fun-sized candy all over the office, and the building management gave out taffy apples until 1:30.
Filed under personal, photo
- Haragossip Girl Watch: The ladies strike again with a brief (though no less deadly) dissection of this week’s episode of “Gossip Girl”. [Disgrasian™]
- A Case for Hipsters (of color?): Special correspondentWendi Muse muses (heh) on hipsterdom (and how it ain’t just for white folks anymore). [Racialicious]
- Be Asian for Halloween: Dude, if only being Asian could be so easy as putting on long red nails, waving a fan through the air, and pimping myself out with all manner of “Asian accents. Oh wait, when I said “Asian”, I meant “crude racist sexist Asian stereotype”. Sorry! [Angry Asian Man]