So while I think about all the recapping of the past week (week-capping?) I have to do (birthday! Good Friday! Ham Saturday!) here are some pictures. Happy Easter!
Tag Archives: flickr
9/7/09 – Lincoln Park Zoo:
- I rarely if ever take pictures of myself.
- The weather was perfect.
- The penguin house was really crowded and unpleasant and smelly. I’m talking about the people, of course. I wish the birds had a bigger, better place to live.
9/12/09 – Bruce’s Memorial Service & After-Party
- Bruce was a pagan, so the service was a celebration of his faith.
- This celebration included puppets. Alas, my pictures didn’t come out. Stupid iPhone.
- The puppet that represented Bruce was a butterfly wearing a tiny black fedora like the one he wore in life.
- Afterwards, there really was no where else to go buy Jimmy’s.
9/18/09 – Pizza Night
- I love pizza night.
- I love Khloé, Jeff, and Coco.
- We talked about our upcoming trip to Paris.
- Khloé suggested a day trip to Brussels
- Khloé always has good ideas.
I think at some point I’m going to write a single blog post recapping my entire summer. Maybe I will split it into, like, individual posts. Below is a rough-ass outline. You may have already seen the pictures.
- Memorial Day Weekend!
- Kevin and Gabe visit!
- Kathy has a barbecue
- U of C reunion weekend!
- Nick and Nadine take me to Schwa. Holy shit.
- July 4th/vacation
- Maria crashes my staycation!
- My parents visit for a weekend
- Christine & Marshall’s wedding in Ohio
- detour to Michigan casino
- detour to South Bend, IN to see “Touchdown Jesus”
- BlogHer ’09
- Liz Henry is a great roommate
- Poppy Buxom throws a killer party
- amazing panels!
- Olivia and Emmanuel’s wedding in Philadelphia
- traveling with Jacinda
- the Sofitel is swanky
- I went “out on a limb”
- The Dunes
- Bruce’s memorial service
And so on and so forth. So while I prepare and procrastinate, please enjoy this set of pictures.
It was an amazing weekend, but not because I decided to wear this lovely floral watercolor print dress from Liz Claiborne, or because my lipstick (Tarte 24-7 Lip Sheer with SPF 15 in Saturday) looked so pretty.
It was an amazing weekend because I got to celebrate the wedding of two wonderful people, enjoy the quiet of a lovely, small town, and road trip with some hilarious people. Seriously — Laura, Kemper, and Thor, if you want to road trip to Seattle for Marshall & Christine’s first anniversary next year, count me in.
Don’t worry — a full recap of the wedding, as well as other things I’m behind on (Maria’s visit, my trip home to NYC in April, etc.) — is coming soon! How can I celebrate my ninth year of blogging when I haven’t written in so very long? Is it at all ironic that BlogHer ’09 is this very weekend? Sigh. But I can’t let you all go away with nothing. Click here to see my photos from this weekend.
Originally uploaded by jasmined
This is a black and white cupcake from the Sarah’s Pastries & Candies outlet tucked into the Macy’s on State Street. I ate it yesterday after lunch while watching reruns of “The Secret Life of The American Teenager” on ABC Family. Continue reading
It took, like, 30-something shots, just to get this. I think I’m going to appoint a proxy for my next “bored at home alone on a Saturday night” picture-taking session. I need the low-fat version of me, like Jasmine with Splenda or “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Jasmine!”
Seen at Rachelleb.com, presented here for your amusement.
Want to play? Directions are below.
Type your answer to the questions into Flickr search.
- Using only the first page, pick an image
- Copy and paste each of the URLs in the Mosaic Maker.
- What is your first name?
- What is your favorite food?
- What high school did you go to?
- What is your favorite color?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- What is your favorite drink?
- What is your dream vacation?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What do you want to do when you grow up?
- Who/ what do you love most in life?
- Choose one word that describes you?
- What is your Flickr name?