Just a quick note to those of you who subscribe to my RSS feed:
- Thank you!
- “news from the flip front” has a new RSS feed URL. It is http://feeds2.feedburner.com/flipfront.
- Did I mention “thank you”?
What did I do this week?
- Donated $10 to the Obama campaign (wish it was more, but I bought a birthday present with my dad and I haven’t been reimbursed yet)
- Sat glued to TV set for DNC. Am prepared to do same for RNC in the name of fairness but I can’t say I expect to enjoy any of it.
What I am doing this weekend?
- Gapers Block get-together tonight! Though I must confess I am feeling anti-social (and also broke!) and may bag to go home, watch whatever rerun of “Doctor Who” I have on my DVR and drink a bottle of lambic.
- work: start work on freelance piece for TOC, write more for book proposal, recap episode 2 of “The Cho Show”
- Ikea with Nite & Jeff! I was thinking of scamming the clearance section for cheap curtains, and at the very least get me some balls. Swedish meatballs, that is.
- Thom’s birthday party
- goodbye drinks for Stef?
- grilling at Kathy’s?
I think Commander Robot (aka my brother) is the new flip front. Please read it if you’re not already doing so, as it is funny, informative, and sometimes frustrating. Always entertaining.
An excerpt from today’s dispatch:
shits manlier when you do it in the rain. dancing. sexing. break dance fighting. etc.
See what I mean? The kid’s a genius.
Go read this piece I wrote about bad summer footwear at the office for JargonChicago.com, then e-mail the editor about how much you loved the piece, the site, and me, most importantly.
I like the sound of “Jasmine for Jargon Chicago” — has a ring not entirely dissimilar from “Isaac Mizrahi for Target” or “Kate Moss for Topshop”.
Actually, I have no idea why you’d watch this space. All I know is whenever some blogger posts that message to their own blog, it’s hours of wondering and sweating in anticipation before you find out something truly remarkable like:
- There is a new Pinkberry in Manhattan (but none in Chicago, where I actually live).
- Some semi-famous person is not actually pregnant. They’re just out of shape.
- Someone has been released from jail, only to get sent back a day later.
- We’re calling the election, and the winner is… the other guy.
- Second season of critically-adored tv show is out on DVD, only to remind you that said show has been cancelled to make way for a horrible reality show where bikini-clad louts compete for crappy prizes.
That being said, watch this space for more updates on my life, though no explanation on why the flip front is now 3.5 months behind schedule. Dammit.