When your lovely pals invite you to join them for post trick-or-treating snacks “any time after 5pm” that means you should probably try to get there not at 7:30pm.
The Halloween you swear you will address any small child dressed as Elsa from Frozen, sporting long white blond hair and a light blue gown, as Daenerys Stormborn or Khaleesi or Mother of Dragons is the day you will see no children wearing that costume.
Chicken chili and a baked potato with butter and sour cream make for the perfect meal on a wet and blustery Halloween tonight.
Taking the Clark bus through Wrigleyville on Halloween night makes for good entertainment.
I wanted to write a pithy recap of my week before the weekend, but I can’t find the words. So how about I embed some of my previous tweets in this post instead?
Okay! Continue reading
I promise this isn’t going to turn into a blog about “The Real Housewives of Miami” unless that’s what you really want to read about (and you don’t particularly miss me crying over My Super Sad Job Hunt) BUT! You guys. Elsa Patton is now tweeting, and I would be remiss if I didn’t say as much here.
In other news: still unemployed, but still fabulous. At least, that’s what I told myself this morning when I got another rejection. While I reevaluate my skills and my goals, I gotta wonder: is it them (read: the interviewers), or is it really just me?
Don’t answer that.
I got a little carried away with the #FridgeFilms hashtag that hit Twitter this weekend. Punning just has that effect on me.
Some other titles I came up with:
You Got Snail
In The Meat Of The Night
Lawrence of Tilapia
Indiana Jones and The Last Lemonade
Requiem For A Cream
Prawn With The Wind
The King’s Peach
- What’s the difference between typing ‘@username’ and ‘.@username’ when updating Twitter? What does a period do when added to the beginning of a Twitter username?
- Mike of Chicago Carless sent me an invite to Google Wave today. First of all, thank you! Second of all, what do I do with it now?
- Why am I still watching season 6 of Project Runway? It’s crap, isn’t it?. It makes me miss Leanne Marshall, aka “Judy Noodles”.
- What did you think of this week’s episode of Glee? Were you offended? Were you delighted? Did you just want to see Artie and Tina make out a whole bunch more?
- I am taking a vacation day tomorrow (Friday the 13th!). I plan to take my voice class at 11:30, so I have Saturday morning to go to parade school (yes, parade school, but more about that Saturday). But what should I do tomorrow afternoon? I could probably do anything. I’ve been craving waffles, though, so I think that’s what I’ll be having for brunch.
Filed under news, twitter
Filed under family, twitter