Workout 1 of week 1 is as follows:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
- I forgot to stretch before (and after the workout). Because I forgot to stretch, I felt my calves stiffening and burning up some time during run number 4. So instead of running for runs 5 through 9, I just walked faster.
- I ran into a classmate from voice class, Jamie. She was walking her dog, smoking a cigarette. I dearly wished for a cigarette.
- I ran past the wee doggie beach. Between the two dogs frolicking near the waters edge and the runners I saw out with their puppies, I dearly wished for a doggie.
- I don’t know why this happens but the sock on my left foot crept down so that my heel was bare. Not sure if it’s because my left foot is slightly larger than my right, the sock is too small, my laces weren’t tied properly, or because I am cursed.
- It was lovely and cool, a good night for shuffling along. Imagine how much I will bitch and moan when it starts to get more humid.
- I saw dudes looking at me but I don’t know if I imagined that.
- I don’t think I could have done this without the C25K app for the iPhone. Seriously. It lets me play whatever music I want, pausing the music with audio prompts when it’s time to switch between walking and running.
- I finished with just enough time to get a sandwich at Nabo’s before they closed. I got home a few minutes after “Glee” started. Thank goodness for my DVR.
- Maria called me from Toronto while I was waiting for my sandwich. That was nice.
The following playlist runs 31:44.
- Sam & Dave, “Soul Man”
- Ray Charles, “(Night Time Is) The Right Time”
- Bob & Earl, “Harlem Shuffle”
- Sam & Dave, “Hold On, I’m Coming”
- The Temptations, “I Can’t Get Next To You”
- Stevie Wonder, “Living For The City”
- Spoon, “Jonathon Fisk”
- Semisonic, “F.N.T.”
- The Rumble Strips, “Girls And Boys In Love”
- Doves, “Black And White Town”