Happy birthday, Chicago! You are 173 years old. Have you had any work done? Well, you look at least ten years younger. Well, in this light, anyway.
According to Wikipedia, you share your birthday with some illustrious figures:
- Italian composer Antonio Vivaldi (I love The Four Seasons!)
- John Trumbull, the 70th governor of Connecticut
- Charles Rudolph Walgreen, Jr., the son of the dude who founded Walgreens!
- Eleanor “Sis” Daley, wife of Mayor Richard J. Daley (what a coincidence!)
- Bobby Womack (I love him even though “If You Think You’re Lonely Now” is, like, the saddest song ever)
And so on and so forth.
I didn’t get you anything but I don’t suppose you’re registered anywhere? Do you have an Amazon wish list like everybody else in the world? Or should I just take you out to dinner when we’re both free? I’ve been dying to check out The Purple Pig but if you want to hit a more traditional spot like The Signature Room, I’m cool with that, too.
I’m sorry I can’t make it to the party that the Chicago History Museum is throwing for you, but I’m sure you’ll have an awesome time. Try not to have too much to drink.