I used to number each edition of the flip front. The last numbered post was 431, posted way back in September of 2008. Numbering was useful when the flip front was a newsletter because I could keep track of how many I wrote, never mind if I ever miscounted. But with a blog, it doesn’t seem as crucial. Also it just reminds me of how much my writing — for this blog, unfinished essays, unstarted screenplays — has dropped the fuck off.
It doesn’t help that I celebrated 9 years of blogging on Monday. Or that BlogHer ’09 starts tomorrow. What’s my brand? What are my monetization strategies? Who is my SEO CEO? Where’s my sassy avatar that features a cartoon version of me wearing cat eye glasses and hoisting a cocktail over a sparkly pink laptop?
Um, I have a bunch of MiniCards that have the address of this blog on them. I have a MacBook with a cracked case and that greasy spot on the trackpad that will not go away. I have clips. I am an intern for the awesomest blog evah.
That being said, the next edition of the flip front will discuss:
- trips from the recent and not-so-recent past: This means that yes I will in fact finally be writing a recap of Maria and Clancy’s Feb. ’08 wedding.
- my new food friends: Publican, Red Mango
- Twitter, Tumblr, and all micro-blogging that keeps me away from here
- I still watch a lot of television. Maybe I’ll start a TV blog? Ever since I was let go from Recapist last year (yes, I was fired!) I’ve been wanting to cover tv. But what shows? In what format? Confusing.
- all the awesome movies I’ve seen this year: I saw “In The Loop” last night. SEE IT. I fucking mean it this time.
Enjoy your day.