It’s quiet here at the office, so I’m going to take this time to make an inventory of my recent makeup purchases. Again, not a dud in the bunch. Though I did realize that an eye shadow palette I bought a couple of months ago is not for me — shades are too light, but should be perfect for Jacinda.
But here’s the makeup I’m loving, with notes:
- Lipstick Queen lipstick in Red Sinner: I have a lot of red lipstick. They’re all different. They’re all special. Seriously. This is a favorite, a bright true red, much like NARS Jungle Red (scroll down a bit) but not too bright.
- NARS lip gloss in Dolce Vita: The lip gloss version of the Dolce Vita lipstick. Dusty pink that is a pinker, brighter version of my natural lip color.
- NARS eye shadow in Silent Night: It’s like the movies Xanadu and Clash of the Titans happened all over my eyelids. I’m gonna wear this with the Dolce Vita gloss for New Year’s Eve.
- NARS Velvet Matte lip pencil in Cruella: Decided to try this out after reading about it in the “My Stuff” column (attractive, famous people talk about their favorite consumer goods) of Vanity Fair. Rashida Jones mentioned this as her lipstick pick, and it is gorgeous. Soft and velvety, the color is immaculate. Haven’t tried the T. LeClerc Grenadine lip gloss yet, but I’m looking forward to it the next time I visit Barneys.
And a few runners-up:
- Sephora Lip Gloss Pencil, shade no. 5 (plum shimmer): I love drawing a precise outline which is then softened by the gloss. But there are flakes of glitter in this, which is hard to take off. Maybe this is why it’s marked down to $6 from $10?
- Sephora Sweet Candy Gloss in Apple Pomegranate: Too sticky and possibly too stinky. Tastes good, though I always end up craving some PomTea.
- Stila Cosmetics Backstage Beauty The Front Row Look Limited Edition (whew!) eye shadow palette: Beautiful colors, finely milled shadows, but too light. So much so that it doesn’t show up on my skin. Why did I buy this for the first place? I’m a sucker, but it’s Jacinda’s if she wants it. I think it’ll look good on her. I’m keeping the eyeliner and the rosette, though.