- Thanks to Adrienne for getting me tickets to tonight’s special screening of “Recount”.
- Thanks to Sam for being my +1!
- Managed to shove some appetizers in my mouth before the screening began, thank goodness. Two words: free shrimp.
- Movie was hilarious, with some (perhaps unintentionally) music choices that made me and Sam think of “Law & Order”.
- Celebs in the house! Bob Balaban, who played Ben Ginsberg, and Danny Strong, who wrote the movie, were at the screening. Bob had bleached hair and was wearing a hoodie. Danny looked sharp in a nice suit.
- Waited for a bit after the movie to see if either I or Sam could screw up the courage and get our pictures taken with Danny. We didn’t, so we went for pancakes instead.
- Mmm, pancakes.
- Laura Dern was fantastic as Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris. Simply fantastic.
- Recount airs Memorial Day weekend on HBO. SEE IT.