Delicious things i’ve eaten since discarding my Lenten vow to eat no meat
- Mini-burgers with fries at Poag Mahone’s: Two co-workers were leaving, so my dept took them out for one last lunch. I love burgers any old way, but in miniature? Delicious and adorable.
- Grilled lamb at Cafe Iberico: Adrienne ordered this. Actually, maybe I didn’t have any, but I was sorely tempted.
- seafood feast at Joe’s Stone Crab : Yeah.
- filet mignon at Maria and Clancy’s wedding reception: It was served with a lobster tail, too.
- semolina fritters at Thai Urban Kitchen: I don’t know what these were stuffed with, but whatever it was was AWESOME. Shrimp? Maybe pork? The fritters were crispy and crunchy and gave way to a savory, chewy filling that didn’t feel heavy or gross.
- crepes at Khloe & Jeff’s: vegetable curry crepes, wheat crepes with boeuf bourguignon, and a galette.
- today, fried chicken wings and french fries at Crisp: The wings were coated in Seoul Sassy sauce, “[a] subtly sweet sauce prepared with ginger, soy, garlic and other select spices.” Seriously delicious.