- It’s green, which means I didn’t get the new Philippine machine-readable passport that debuted in September 2007.
- Personal information is hand-written. Which means that to be an officer in the passport office of any Philippine consulate you must have impeccable handwriting.
- I should have worn redder lipstick and a v-neck top for my photo.
- My eyebrows look negligible but my eyeliner is flawless. FLAWLESS, people.
- Stamped on page 2: “Not valid for Travel to Iraq.” My previous passport, issued in 1993, advised that travel to South Africa was prohibited.
- It expires in five years. I might actually be a US citizen by then. In which case, do I get to keep this as a souvenir, a keepsake of my time as a member of the developing world?
- I am now cruising eBay for cheap yet fabulous passport covers.