So Kathy’s birthday was this week. She wanted to go to dinner at Hot Chocolate, so Adrienne and I took her out last night.
- pre-dinner cocktails: Champagne
- to start: spinach salad (me); green salad and potato soup (Kathy)
- main course: hamburger with fried egg (me); lamb and krema sandwich (Adrienne); macaroni and cheese (Kathy). Note: Adrienne and I split an order of macaroni and cheese
- dessert: doughnuts with hot fudge and homemade caramel corn (adrienne); shot of coffee and brownie (Kathy); chocolate tart with salt caramel ice cream and pretzel, Mexican chocolate over ice (me)
- Hot Chocolate is always a delicious, unpretentious experience. That being said, the yuppie quotient was pretty high last night.
- I am beginning to like my Champagne and sparkling wines on the drier side.
- The hamburger should always be ordered with the fried egg. There is no other way to have it.
- I should have asked for a bit of Adrienne’s lamb, as she said it was delicious.
- The Mexican chocolate was great cold, though I missed out on the melted marshmallow. My marshmallow was intact. Delicious, still.