Gawker’s been digging into Current TV and Al Gore’s silence on the matter. — Euna and Laura are employees of the channel,
Tag Archives: Gawker
foodstuffs I am missing at this moment
- the original KFC: Kennedy Fried Chicken
- Jamaican beef patties: “Tower Isle’s — we’re hot!”
- A&J Pizza (Forest Hills!)
- dinnertime karaoke at Krystal’s Cafe (Woodside!)
stuff to read today
- Why Doesn’t Costco Accept Food Stamps? [NYT]
Note: I remember my mom using food stamps when they were actual stamps that looked sorta like dollar bills. It seemed like the only cold cereal she could or was able to buy at the local C-Town (Woodhaven, not Cypress Hills) was Kix. Which, by the way, I can no longer bear to eat.
- “Siskel & Ebert & the Jugular” [S-T]
- “It could be worse — we could be in New York City; the ‘Pokey’ award” [CTA Tattler]
- “Chicago — reborn from the last time the NYT deigned to write about it” [Reader: Chicagoland]
Note: I think the NYT has a similar way of covering Philadelphia, too.
- “30 Seconds on Top Chef: Colicchio Surrenders Craft Edition” [Hungry]
And one more Top Chef post (because the title was so outrageous)
- “Padma Gags On Sweet Load” [Gawker]
Meanwhile, I’m still blog-less. Meaning, I haven’t blogged in a long long long time. It may not be until next month, in which case prepare for a year-end wrap-up like none I’ve done before. So far, I know I must cover:
- Clancy & Maria get married (February!)
- Jacalyn gets married (May!)
- June road trip to Minneaoplis with Nite & Jeff (June!)
- Patrick and the parents come to visit (July!)
- Brookfield Zoo visit (September!)
But I like those flip fronts best where I describe the events of a routine Saturday that is somehow still interesting (at least, to me) if only because it turns out I found a delicious hot dog stand or whatever.
Before I blog about my trip to New York this past weekend, a teaser: below is something I sent to Gawker Stalker. Enjoy.
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 14:24:24 -0800 (PST)
Subject: two for the price of one
It figures. I grow up in New York with a pittance of celeb sightings, move to Chicago, and on a trip home for a bachelorerette party, I see three! The details below:
Saturday 2/2, 6am flight from Chicago O’Hare airport to La Guardia. Paul Karason aka ‘The Amazing Blue Man’ was two rows ahead of me. His lady friend was filming him until they took their seats. If I hadn’t changed my seat, I would have sat right next to them. Which is just as well, as he was busy chatting with some passengers (and avoiding the stares of others). I suppose it’s pretty obvious/stupid to ask, but why wasn’t he flying Jet Blue?
Sunday, 2/3, 12:55 flight from La Guardia to Chicago O’Hare — Taye Diggs, Idina Menzel, and their adorable wee dog in the lounge area. Not sure why were leaving warm, sunny New York for cold, gray Chicago, but they looked great. Taye sat with the dog in his lap while Idina got some healthy-looking snack from the Au Bon Pain stand. Lost them on the plane, as they went towards first class and I found my seat in coach.
Trust Gawker to feature this gem of a production from the boys of Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center. I don’t know if I should be proud or ashamed (ever the complex of the Asian, huh?) so I guess I’ll just be both. Also, if anyone could find a Tagalog translation of the lyrics to “Thriller” and post as a comment to this blog, I’d be very much obliged. Mabuhay, bitches!